Prep time: 15 mins| Servings: 3
200g sliced taleggio cheese
4 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tbsp light brown sugar
2 handfuls fresh watercress
100g halved red grapes
1 wedged pear
50g halved walnut
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or frying pan and toast the walnut halves, until
they are slightly brown and give off a lovely nutty aroma. Set aside to
- Stir together the red wine vinegar and light brown sugar in a bowl, and
leave for 5 mins to allow the sugar to dissolve.
- Add the grapes to this sweet and tangy mixture, and toss. Marinate for
10 mins while you work on the rest of the recipe.
- Scatter the watercress onto 3 plates or onto one large sharing platter, and
then top evenly with the taleggio cheese and pear wedges.
- Drain the grapes from their marinade, but do not discard the marinade.
- Whisk 2 tbsps of olive oil into the pickling marinade.
- Scatter the pickled grapes all over the salad, and then drizzle over 3-4
tbsps of the dressing.
- Finish with the toasted walnut halves, and enjoy immediately.
Calories 421, Fat 28.4 g, Carbs 24.1 g, Protein 15.9 g