Prep Time: 5 mins |Servings: 6 | Cooking : 8 mins
12 small corn or flour tortillas vegetable oil or margarine
1 (16-ounce) can refried beans 1/4 cup chopped onion
2 oz fresh or canned green chili peppers, diced
6 tbsps red taco sauce
3 cups chopped vegetables, such as broccoli, mushrooms, spinach,
and red bell pepper
1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Brush one side of each of two tortillas with water. Press the wet
sides of the tortillas together to form a thick crust for the pizza.
- Brush the outside of the tortillas with a small amount of oil or
margarine. Evenly brown both sides in a heated frying pan.
- Heat refried beans, onion, and half of the chili peppers together in a
medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove
- Spread about 1/3 cup of the bean mixture on each tortilla pizza.
Sprinkle with 1 tbsp taco sauce, then top with 1/2 cup of the
chopped vegetables, 1 tsp chili peppers, and 1 tbsp cheese for each
- Return to frying pan and heat until cheese melts. Top with cilantro,
if desired. Serve immediately.
Calories 235, Carbs 39 g, Protein 11 g, Fat 5 g