Prep Time: 5 mins |Servings: 4
1 can (15-1/2 oz) low-sodium chickpeas (or garbanzo beans),
drained and rinsed
2 cups cherry tomatoes, rinsed and halved
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsps fresh oregano, minced (or 1 tsp dried)
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt-free seasoning blend
4 whole inner leaves of romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
- In a large salad bowl, combine beans and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, oregano, pepper, and
salt-free seasoning blend. Using a wire whisk, beat the Ingredients:
until they blend into one thick sauce at the point where the oil and
vinegar no longer separate.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and tomatoes, and mix gently to
- Line four salad bowls with one romaine lettuce leaf each.
- Top each leaf with one-fourth of the bean mixture, and serve.
Calories 265, Fat 10 g, Protein 12 g, Carbs 35 g