Prep Time: 10 mins |Servings: 2| Cooking : 15 mins
½ cup whole-grain pasta of choice
8 cups water, plus ¼ for finishing
1 cup frozen peas
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp dried basil
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese (low-sodium)
- Cook the pasta al dente.
- Add the water to the same pot you used to cook the pasta. Bring the
water to a boil and add the peas. Cook until tender, but still firm (about 5
mins). Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cherry
tomatoes. Put a lid on the skillet and let the tomatoes soften for about 5
mins, stirring a few times.
- Season with black pepper and basil.
- Toss in the pasta, peas, and ¼ cup of water. Stir and remove from the
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Calories 266, Fat 12g, Carbs 30g, Fiber 6g, Protein 13g